HOW YOU CAN HELP
There are 101 Ways of serving the children and elderly persons. Share your talents, knowledge, expertise, resources or simply your TIME and PRESENCE!
HERE ARE MORE WAYS.....
CHECKLIST OF VOLUNTEER SERVICES
BASED ON OUR HOLISTIC/INTEGRATED PROGRAM, WHAT CAN AN ACE IPI MEMBER/VOLUNTEER ACTUALLY OFFER/DO?
I. VALUES EDUCATION/FORMATION :
- Give a talk/lecture or a simple sharing on a specific topic, a learning experience or some stories or insights that inspire or group dynamics that animate and teach lessons
- Invite a priest to celebrate the Eucharist in the Center/administer the sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Invite/join a group to conduct prayer meetings
- Preside/lead in a devotional prayer/novena/rosary
- Invite/join/facilitate in forming a choir or teaching meaningful songs or dances
- Support paraphernalia/materials like New Testaments, Songbooks, leaflets, misalettes, novenas, religious articles, musical instruments altar needs. etc.
- Share for the priest’s stipend
- Share for group snacks/meals or giveaways
- Invite/join/support a group that conducts Personhood or Catechism or any other related seminars
- Invite/join a group that can give spiritual and socio-psychological counseling to children and youth and their families,
- Invite a priest or lay facilitator-leader to give Retreats or Recollection
- Support other Seminar/Recollection needs
- Share some good reading materials e.g. Gospel comics, educational and wholesome books and magazines
II. COMPETENCY DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT SERVICES:
- Invite/recruit a friend who can offer material/or in-kind assistance, e.g. toiletries, food, medicines and other basic needs.
- Visit the home of the family of a child or an elder who has not been visited for a long time; facilitate the visit and/or reconciliation.
- Follow-up in court the case status of a youth offender or ask a lawyer-friend or a paralegal to help out in a meritorious case
- Assist in the conduct of a seminar for the youth, e.g. Computer Literacy
- Invite/assist in the conduct of medical-dental outreach missions.
- Help facilitate a skills training project for livelihood.
- Invite/assist a group in the conduct of information sessions on health and sanitation and the environment
- Invite/join a group or a teacher that provides cultural, artistic and projects e.g. art classes, drama, song and dance, etc.
- Assist in other emergency needs, i.e. funeral, hospitalization referral and other needs that require crisis intervention.
- Support materials for the ART/Drawing Classes/Workshops
- Help a child/youth’s family or a willing elder in an income-generating project or job placement
- Make a phone call or mail/fax a letter to an inmate’s family (especially if the need is emergency)
- Invite schools/students’ groups or civic groups to do visitations to the Centers and the target areas of ACE IPI.
III. RESOURCE MOBILIZATION(Ways & Means):
- Make a regular pledge of support-any amount- either monthly, quarterly or annually \
- Share your extras e.g. pants, shorts, shirts, school supplies
- Support One Child’s Education with at least P4,000 a year.
- Support special celebrations, e.g., Christmas, Prison Awareness Week
- Donate a computer unit or a printer, even second-hand but functional
- Share some medicines for common illnesses.
- Share your time by encoding, filing and other admin work.
- Conceptualize a fund-raising activity/campaign
- Look for/contact would-be-donors e.g. groups, individuals, organizations
- Help compose write-ups, solicitation letters, posters or brochures
- Tell your parish priest, co-parishioners, co-members in organizations about the programs of ACE IPI
- Make a phone call to contact, or follow-up a solicitation
- Help solicit in-kind donation e.g. laundry soaps, food items
- Help draft proposals for funding purposes
- Assist in inviting celebrities for a benefit show or concert
IV. ADVOCACY and NETWORKING:
- Contact a civic or non-government organization for possible partnership or tie-up with regards to particular services to inmates, e.g. Rotary, Kiwanis International, Integrated Bar of the Phils., etc.
- Attend conferences, forum and seminars on matters directly involving or affecting children and youth and the elders.
- Help conduct “talakayans” or dialogue with concerned agencies in order to discuss pressing issues.
- Assist in the conduct of seminars on the rights of children and elders.
- Discuss/write about the plight of youth offenders in dailies, parish/organization newsletters, journals and other printed publications.
- Send announcements/appeals thru the internet
OFFER YOUR PRAYERS!
And many more… SHARE and BE COUNTED!
Call us at Tel. (02) 820-42-55 (NCR), (88) 856-19-80 (CDO)
or write to us at 9C Street UPS 5,
Sucat, Paranaque City